Transform Yourself - YoM Day 358

Eleven months ago I began a journey of practicing mindfulness every day and we've reached day 358. Yesterday, I talked about our actions backing up our thoughts. Today is a new day.
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself." - George Bernard Shaw
While this journey started as a means of me finding a deeper understanding myself I've realized that it's impossible. We are constantly changing due to the experiences we have and each day presents us with countless bits of new information. Every night when we sleep our brains process it all, our cells break down and reproduce to create new neural connections and we literally wake up as different people.

Imagine a Ghost in the Shell kind of scenario where our consciousness is being transferred to different bodies as we get older. We're still the same consciousness, but our bodies are not the same as when we were children. In other words, because we're always changing answering the question "who am I" is a lifelong pursuit. However, we can control who we become.

When reflecting on life, it's easy to get stuck in the past. While looking back can help us learn a lot about ourselves and what we should be doing in the present, we still have to take action and make things happen for a better tomorrow. The past is the past and can't be changed, but we can change our present.

Two years ago I decided that I wanted to be healthier. I decided I'd start working out regularly (I go to the gym 2-3 times a week and walk a few miles every day). I decided that I'd eat healthier (within my budget). I decided to cut bad things out of my life like soda (now I mainly drink water and non-caffeinated tea), super sugary foods. In order to change we have to create it. That means living differently in order to become who we want to be. If I want to be like Bruce Lee, continuing life the same way isn't going to make it happen. I have to live like Bruce Lee. I have to train like Bruce Lee, think like Bruce Lee, and live like Bruce Lee.

We can become whatever we want to be. It all starts with changing who we are and by making adjustments in our lives we end up slowly becoming who we want. Start doing things that fit with what you're trying to accomplish. Set goals. Constantly remind yourself what you're working toward and keep going through the grind. Transformation is a process, not a quick-fix solution. Patience is key. Create the foundation by changing your life and in time you'll become the greatest version of yourself.

Who do you want to be?

                                                                                                               Peace
Progress
Change takes time. Take it one step at a time.

Comments

  1. How will you transform your life? Leave a comment below!

    Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment