Mai Story

What's your story? What have you to share with the world?

We all have goals, aspirations, legacies we want to leave behind, something to share with the world. We all have dreams. Who am I? What am I here to do? Is there even a purpose to my existence?

I've been asking myself these questions since my senior year in high school. I remember being assigned my senior project and mulled over the possibilities. I looked outward and sought to know what others were thinking about doing for theirs. Sure, I heard some pretty interesting ideas, but how did it relate to me and my interests? To no surprise, I found nothing I wanted to devote the entire year to.

So if looking outward didn't do jack, what then? I looked inside for what was probably the first time. I've always felt estranged from others, so I became fascinated with their perceptions and how they differed from me. But I was always looking outward, so it's no surprise that when I started looking inside, I was lost. Did I really ever spend time getting to know myself? Do other people take time to do this? I was stuck in a rut of unknowing.

I wanted to know who I was. So the first thing I looked to was psychology. I figured that by learning about people, I would then come to understand myself. Fast-forward a few years and I end up graduating with a BS in Psychology. Wanna know something funny? The main thing I learned from all of that schooling is that I still have a lot to learn both about myself and the human mind. The only difference is I now have a deeper appreciation for it.

Now in the present day, the dream is to travel the world, immerse myself in various cultures, expand my perspective of the world, and learn from the people I come across. I'm now living in Osaka, Japan, where I'm striving to learn more deeply about my Japanese heritage. From here, who knows where life will take me?

What's my goal?  To understand myself. To continue to grow and reach my potential.

What's my dream?  To help give inspiration so you too can reach new heights.

These are my thoughts for you to read and share. This is my way of life.

What's your story?

                                                                                                                       Peace
My last sunrise at Kodiak Island, Alaska


Comments

  1. If you have a story to tell, share it. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. hello brother, i hope you check your blog regularly, i talked to you recently on league of legend, we have things to share, please add my real facebook account I didnt receive your invitation, my profile pic is me whit a guitar and a cigarette in my mouth
    i wear a striped shirt under a t-shirt thanks, i hope we will get in contact see you! big love from elsewhere <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment