YoM Day 87: showing sympathy

Yesterday, I talked about having a plan B. Today is a new day.
"The more sympathy you give, the less you need." - Malcolm S. Forbes
Student progress reports are coming up in the next few weeks and some students aren't as confident in their skills as others. It's during this time that I have to be as sympathetic as I can to their needs.

There are a lot of selfless people out there. People who offer help to others without a second thought. Such people do so not for any personal gain, but because they understand that everyone goes through hard times. Sometimes we need a helping hand and these people are there to answer their calls for aid. Being able to hear these calls has to do with showing sympathy to others.

When we become more sympathetic, our problems become less drastic as they might have initially seemed. Realizing that everyone is going through their own trials and tribulations helps us see that the world isn't just about us. It's something that has humbled me and helped me see that since I'm not the only one who struggles in life, my problems aren't the worst of what's going on in the world, so I don't need to be so concerned with them. It has also made me more thankful for the fact that I get to live a peaceful life.

As a teacher, I was very concerned with whether I'd be a good teacher or not, but one thing that has really helped me out is focusing more on my students' growth and how I can help them reach their potential. I'm not perfect by any means, but by thinking more about and trying to understand what the students need I end up thinking more about them than I do my worries and things seem to work out pretty well.

When we care for others, suddenly our own troubles aren't so bad.

                                                                                                                       Peace
Thankful
Happiness comes from gratitude and appreciation

Comments

  1. Today's assignment: look to see where your sympathy is and where it goes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment