Enjoying the Struggle - YoM Day 347

Eleven months ago I began a journey of practicing mindfulness every day and we've reached day 347. Yesterday, I talked about sowing the seeds of progress for the future. Today is a new day.
"The struggle alone pleases us, not the victory." - Blaise Pascal
One thing being a teacher has taught me is learning how to adapt to my situation. I had a private student scheduled to come in, but he was sick so his sister (who was sick last week and wanted to take a make-up lesson) came in in his place. I had already prepared my student's lesson so by the time his sister came in I was completely unprepared and ended up putting together a lesson at the last minute. Yikes!

Looking back, it probably looked pretty funny seeing me quickly rush together all of the materials I needed to teach her an impromptu lesson (THANKFULLY I had taught that particular lesson before so I already had a good idea what I needed to do). We did the lesson without any huge hiccups and afterward it felt pretty good. The vocab and lesson target aside everything I did was all on from my head and then it hit me: I felt like I had actually learned how to teach, not just follow a set program.

I've talked about how building the foundation is important for building a better and more fulfilling tomorrow for ourselves, but the struggle itself is also what helps bring joy and excitement in our lives. Life's full of surprises that put us to the test and if we can meet them it feels great because it's a reminder that we were able to overcome a hurdle and that we'll be more prepared for the future. Struggle illuminates the path to progress.

For my new site I'm thinking about designing a logo. I've tried to design a logo before and it's hard finding the balance between simple and appealing while also expressing an idea or message in my own way. My challenge is to make something that represents going my own way and working toward self-mastery. While I've already gone through many ideas and feel a little stuck, it's also interesting because the process is helping me deepen my self-understanding and get to the root of what I'm working toward.

Struggle is the best teacher because it forces us to be brave enough to break out of our shells. It shows us what we need to develop and that there's still something left for us to accomplish. In a way adversity gives us something to work toward - a goal, a purpose.

                                                                                                                Peace
Challenge
If "the struggle" is a wall, then it is something we must overcome. With each wall we face we come out stronger as a result.

Comments

  1. How do you view struggle? How are you facing it? Leave a comment below!

    Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment