The Seeds We Sow - YoM Day 346

Eleven months ago I began a journey of practicing mindfulness every day and we've reached day 346. Yesterday, I talked about pushing through the obstacles that come in our lives. Today is a new day.
"Judge every day not by the harvest you reap but by the seeds you plant." - Robert Louis Stevenson
Today is Valentine's Day and for couples that's great. February in Japan is often a time where people are constantly reminded that they are expected to be in a relationship. Girls customarily give sweets to guys they like (or friends) and guys who are lucky might get a confession or two. Depending on your outlook, this month can be sweet or very bitter. I've spent most of my Valentine's Days alone so I kinda lost the hype for it,  but just because I won't be celebrating it in the customary way I'm not letting that bring me down. Instead, I'm gonna make today meaningful in my own way.

What we accomplish isn't as important as the work that went in to achieving our goals. It's not the destination that's important, it's the journey leading up to getting there. How we choose to live every day will determine where we end up in life so while having dreams for the future is great, they mean nothing if we're not doing anything now to help us make them a reality.

I've been wanting to further develop my blog and have done a lot of thinking in the last few months and ended up coming to the conclusion that I need to make my own website. Blogger is a great tool for beginner bloggers who don't know what they're doing, there's no question about that. However, over the last two years since I started this blog I've seen my limitations and the need for a new platform has become more evident.

Having the goal in mind is great, but I still have to act in order to manifest it. After researching my options, I finally started building my own site and it's been a lot of fun. There's still a lot of work that needs to be done in order to get it fully up and running, but in the same day Rome wasn't built in a day it doesn't have to be complete right away. Even after I launch it I'll be thinking of ways to improve it, so there's no rush. The most important thing is that I'm laying the foundation for something greater to come. I'm sowing the seeds of growth.

I'm hoping that by the end of my year of mindfulness I'll be ready to post my first piece, which will be a summary of what I've learned in this year of mindfulness. It's something I really look forward to writing because it represents all of the work I've done every day in the last year, but at the same time it also represents a new chapter in my life. For me, this project symbolizes progress.

What we do today can help lead to a greater tomorrow. Take one thing, work at it, and use it to make something new. That's life in a a nutshell.

What seeds are you preparing to sow?

                                                                                                                     Peace
Flower
Each seed represents a possible future. The more seeds we plant the more possibilities become available to us.

Comments

  1. Happy Valentine's Day everyone. Show some love and leave a comment below!

    Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment