Working Around Obstacles - YoM Day 345

Eleven months ago I began a journey of practicing mindfulness every day and we've reached day 345. Yesterday, I talked about appreciating life. Today is a new day.
"Obstacles cannot crush me. Every obstacle yields to stern resolve. He who is fixed to a star does not change his mind." - Leonardo da Vinci
Last night I got to re-recording my youtube videos using my new sound equipment and edited them for better quality. Compared to before, the difference is like night and day and the extra work I had to put in was definitely worth it. Getting to this point doesn't seem like much when compared to a lot of the professional youtubers out there, but for an amateur like me, it feels like I just completed my first marathon. Feelsgoodman.

When it comes to learning anything, there will always be road blocks. They're there to test us and see how far we're actually willing to go in order to succeed. Nobody is just handed success. They have to work for it in some way. In my case, I'm just starting my channel so success to me is merely being able to upload videos in a quality that I can be satisfied with.

Before, my videos were either too quiet or you could hear the slamming of my fingers on the keys, which distracted from the sound of the actual piano. I live in a noisy area, so I had to film and hope an ambulance or obnoxious sound truck/motorcycle/people on the street would pass by while recording. I had to re-record so many times because of it and it was exhausting. My good friend recommended I get a midi-cable and record it using a music program. So while I had a solution, now I had to figure out how to use the program, get the cable, and how to sync up separate audio and video files together in my video editing program. A minor setback, but it had to be done.

I also still had to figure out a good camera angle that struck a good balance between the piano and the player (me). Another minor setback, but I wanted to figure it out - I had to. After a lot of experimentation, I finally found something I liked and the result (to me) was something that I think better expresses what I'm trying to express with my playing.

Learning video-editing has taught me a lesson in persistence. Although it's easy to watch a video, there are a lot of things to consider when actually making one. You have to micromanage a lot of things that it can take quite a while to complete a finished product. It's taught me how to better organize my files so I can find everything more easily. Most importantly, it reminded me that if I want to get something done, the best way is to just do it and learn along the way if you have to. This blog is the same way. I may not know everything that I'm doing, but in doing it I've learned a lot and look forward to learning more as I continue to write and think of new content.

In the words of Michael Jordan:
"Obstacles don't have to stop you. If you run into a wall, don't turn around and give up. Figure out how to climb it, go through it, or work around it."
This applies to any pursuit in life. I'll no doubt run into more walls in the future, but there's always a way and I can either turn around and give up or keep trying.

Which will you choose?

                                                                                                             Peace
Obstacle
Walls aren't meant to test your resolve, not keep you out.

Comments

  1. How are you overcoming the obstacles in your life? Leave a comment below!

    Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment