Hopeful for the Future - YoM Day 330

Ten months ago I began a journey of practicing mindfulness every day and we've reached day 330. Yesterday, I talked about being tenacious in pushing elevating yourself to the next level. Today is a new day.
"Hope is like the sun, which, as we journey toward it, casts the shadow of our burden behind us." - Samuel Smiles
I was rock climbing in Namba with some friends that I hadn't seen in a while today and I decided to walk back home to Tennoji. While walking I had a lot of time to think reflect on life. I love walking. Taking a nice stroll when you don't have to be anywhere always feels relaxing and as I was moving along with the sun gently shining its warm rays on my face I couldn't help but feel like today was a reminder of how bright our lives can be.

We all have something we're working toward in life, but sometimes it can feel like we're not getting anywhere with our progress. That can be really frustrating. We start doubting ourselves, it causes us to overthink everything, and it ends up becoming a self-fulfilling prophecy of hesitation and our goals being left behind. Getting out of these negative spirals can be tough, which is where hope comes in. Having even a shed of hope lets you strive for something. It lets us hold on to what we've been working toward and is the light that guides us out of the abyss that is self-doubt.

My life in Japan has been very rewarding, but as I think about the future I'm always wondering what I should be doing. I've made progress toward finding a good balance in various aspects of my life, whether it's my diet, fitness, work-life balance, etc.; but I'm also reminded of how much further I have to go before I fully get everything together. Finding that balance is hard, but knowing that I've made progress has made me see that I can get to where I wanna be if I keep working at it. That thought is what keeps me going when I feel down and it makes my current worries not so bad.

The closer we get to the sun, the brighter it gets. Some people rush to it too quickly and end up getting burned. You have to get used to and adapt to it along the way. In other words, it's not a race and we should be doing things at our own pace. The point is that we're making progress, not the first to reach the finish line.

In the last few weeks I've had a lot to think about in terms of my future and I'm working toward increasing my skill set and investing in things I think will benefit my future. In thinking about the future I sometimes get really anxious because I'm uncertain how things will turn out. But days like this where I can just enjoy myself and not worry about everything help add some sweetness to the bitterness of life's more difficult sides. They make me hopeful for the future. Sometimes that's all you need.

Stay hopeful

                                                                                                                   Peace
Hopeful for the Future
So long as there's even a glimmer of hope, you'll be alright. Just hold onto it and it'll help lead the way.

Comments

  1. What keeps you hopeful? Leave a comment below!

    Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment