Obstacle or Opportunity - YoM Day 325

Ten months ago I began a journey of practicing mindfulness every day and we've reached day 325. Yesterday, I talked about putting your heart into what you do. Today is a new day.
"Opportunity often comes disguised in the form of misfortune, or temporary defeat." - Napoleon Hill
Last night I got word about my schedule for the next school year starting in April. Right now I have Sundays and Mondays off, but I also get off early on Saturdays, so it's like I have 3 days off in a row, which is really nice. I've now been asked to change my days off to Wednesdays and Thursdays (at least they're consecutive) so I'll be working weekends and have days off when everyone else is working. At first glance, I was kinda bummed out by the news. Compared to my current schedule this kinda sucks. Is it really that bad though?

So far, it's just been me focusing on the negatives. But there are always multiple sides to everything. While my social life will likely not be as active with my days off being changed to weekdays, this might actually prove to benefit me. My resolution for this year is to get closer to self-mastery and to work on expanding my knowledge so that I can grow my platforms into something more than just a hobby. In order to do this, I need to dedicate more time to working at my craft, so this could be the perfect opportunity to put my foot down and focus. It also opens up more opportunities to travel and go sightseeing on days that most people don't go out, so I might find myself going out and traveling more than I have this year.

Just because something doesn't fit our ideal doesn't mean we still can't make the best of it. In the same way, just because things don't go as expected doesn't mean we can't still enjoy life. Where there's a will there's a way, so I can always make something happen if I need to. Change can sometimes not be so favorable to us, but at the end of the day it all really depends on how we look at it. Obstacle, or opportunity? Do things happen to keep us down, or do they happen to help make us stronger?

It's like magic. With an easy mental bibbidi-bobbidi-boo you can turn a negative into a positive, and it all starts with how we choose to look at something. Life happens whether we like it or not, so we can either go with the flow or fight it. We can't control what happens to us, but we can control how we react to it.

Obstacle or opportunity?

                                                                                                                       Peace
Wall
When life puts a wall in front of you, there's always a way to the other side. Sometimes we forget that the wall was placed there to prepare us for what lies further beyond.

Comments

  1. What obstacles have presented themselves to you? How have you overcome them?

    Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment