It Doesn't Have to be Perfect - YoM Day 317

Ten months ago I began a journey of practicing mindfulness every day and we've reached day 317. Yesterday, I talked about doing things that you enjoy. Today is a new day.
"If you cannot do great things, do small things in a great way." - Napoleon Hill
After a long time of trying to figure out what I wanna do with my channel and contemplating this and that, I decided to just say "fuck it" and  finally made some videos and uploaded them on youtube. Piano is something that has always been I took very personally, so it's something I hesitated to share with people for the longest time. As I'm practicing mindfulness I'm learning to stop holding myself back and just putting myself out there to try new things. Although I'm definitely a novice in the art of content creation, I gotta start somewhere, and instead of expecting perfection right from the get-go I'd rather learn from the process and get better as I go.

This applies to anything we do. You don't go into your first day of class expecting to be a master at all of the materials, right? We have to study, apply our knowledge, and push ourselves if we want to learn anything well. For me, uploading videos is a way for me to challenge myself to keep working at my craft and by sharing it with people I hope to critique myself and get some feedback from you guys. In doing so I can get a better understanding of where I have room for improvement and have a way of tracking my progress along the way.

Looking forward, no matter what the project I start, whether it's a new drawing, blog post, or piano piece, it's important to remember not to get caught up in trying to be perfect. Instead, just doing what you can and applying the knowledge you have is the goal. Start small if you have to. It's through doing it over and over, time and again, that we get better and it becomes easier.

What's something you can work on today?

                                                                                                                         Peace
Amazing
Even if things aren't great at first, we live and learn.

Comments

  1. Feel free to check out my channel and give me any feedback. I'd really appreciate it.

    Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment