Believe in Yourself Wholeheartedly - YoM Day 312

Ten months ago I began a journey of practicing mindfulness every day and we've reached day 312. Yesterday, I talked about being a friend in need. Today is a new day.
"Believe with all of your heart that you will do what you were made to do."- Orisen Swett Marden
Some days I get into a spiral of self-doubt and wonder if where I'm headed in life leads somewhere meaningful to me, but then I catch myself and realize that meaning in life - to me - is like finding happiness. If I can't be happy now with how things are, then no amount of searching will do me any good. I would just end up getting caught in a constant search for something better and would never be satisfied. All of this comes down to self-confidence and trust in my abilities.

Although I'm not particularly religious, one thing I respect about devout followers is their level of faith in their practice. That's something that's not easy to do and that kind of pure, unadulterated faith, is the kind of thing I could benefit in applying to myself.

Imagine never hesitating to do something and just going at it with everything you have? That's how I see having faith in myself to be. This mindfulness practice has helped me identify and get to know my strengths and weaknesses, but faith is something that disregards all of that. It's like unconditional love. You don't care about the faults and still see someone as a person that should be loved.

In the same way, believing in yourself doesn't need to rely on logic, rather, it's adopting a positive mentality that you can achieve whatever you put your mind to. Things might go awry, but with a positive mindset you don't let the negatives keep you down. Wholehearted belief is about trusting that things will turn out alright in the end and while it may not seem like there's no hope whatsoever, that shred of faith you hold onto is the difference between a positive and negative perspective. To me, that's also the line between "good enough" and "not enough" - happy and unhappy.

Whatever it is you wanna accomplish, just go for it. When you feel the negative thoughts start flooding in let them pass and remind yourself "you can". The moment you say you can't, the world responds and everything tends to go downhill, so take out the 't' and say you CAN. It's the effort we put into something that's more important that the result. We can't get anywhere without trying, right?

Believe it

                                                                                                                      Peace
Can't believe
Never say never, always say you CAN

Comments

  1. Whatever you wanna accomplish, you CAN do it!

    Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment