Everything's an opportunity - YoM Day 281

Nine months ago I began a journey of practicing mindfulness every day and we've reached day 281. Yesterday, I talked about our bodies serving as guides. Today is a new day.
"A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties." - Harry Truman
A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties.
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/harry_s_truman_161812
A pessimist is one who makes difficulties of his opportunities and an optimist is one who makes opportunities of his difficulties.
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/harry_s_truman_161812
I did part 2 of my Christmas shopping today and I'm almost done (just two more gifts to go!). I generally hate shopping. Especially Christmas shopping. There are a million different stores with millions of things to choose from and it takes forever thinking about what gifts to get and for whom they'll be going to. So for me the holidays are always something that are a little stressful. Yet surprisingly, holiday shopping forces me to explore and see what sorts of shops are out there and I usually end up finding out about some interesting places to get goods in the future.

There are two sides to any story. When thinking about my shopping experiences it makes me think about how I love to sight see. The world is so vast and there's so much to see that I often forget how much I still have to see. So although shopping is something I'm never too thrilled about, it also ends up presenting me with some cool experiences. This lets me make the best out of my holiday shopping expenditures. This duality applies to everything in life. It's all about how we choose to view the world.

I could just as easily be super pessimistic and loath the shopping process, but that would just add to my stress and make me a bitter man. As someone trying to be more positive about life, that doesn't sound fun. There's always something to be gained from every one of our experiences. Learning to see the opportunities is the challenge, but one that has helped bring a lot of positivity to my life. In doing this, everything becomes a lesson to learn from.

What can your experiences teach you today?

UPDATE: After my hourly meditation session this week this experience also helped give me a good idea for the videos I've been wanting to create. For a while I've been struggling with coming up with a theme, but once I get my lazy ass to work I plan to get to work on making my real debut. Making videos consistently will be my New Year's resolution. More to come~

                                                                                                           Peace
Chance
There's always a chance for things to work out for the best. With the proper mentality, we can create our own luck and make anything be to our benefit in some way.

Comments

  1. If you have any thoughts, stories, or experiences, share them in a comment below!

    Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment