Working Inspiration - YoM Day 252

Eight months ago I began a journey of practicing mindfulness every day and we've reached day 252. Yesterday, I talked about being more authentic around others. Today is a new day.
"Without craftsmanship, inspiration is a mere reed shaken in the wind." - Johannes Brahms
Inspiration has played a huge role in my life and how I've approached doing anything. I've always put a lot more effort into doing things that really resonated with me and inspired me to be greater. Something about inspiration is so moving. It's like the sight of a hero after a courageous act instilling dreams into those who have just witnessed their god-defying acts. When inspired, we too want to do or create something of that caliber, as if in thankful reciprocity.

To me, inspiration is something that helps me push myself further because it instills in me a strong desire for growth. It can change the doubtful into believers. What was once a lost cause in now filled with hope and possibilities. There are many things that inspire me. I love art, music, and things that make me think about life. Animation and games are particularly enjoyable because of their stories, beautiful artwork, the amount of work that goes into making every scene, and the amazing musical scores that accompany them. They're a culmination of a bunch of things I love all in one package. The ideas and philosophies within each work has given me so much to think about and has helped shape the ideal world I'd like to live in. They've added unique perspectives toward viewing the world that have helped me become who I am now.

So many ideas have been taken from fictional works and applied in the real world. Such inspiration is what helped me decide to start writing every day and make a conscious effort to improve myself. For me, animation and games are more than just to enjoy and talk about. Rather like the works that have inspired me to create and do things my way, I too, strive to be able to recreate that sense of inspiration and drive to other people. It's my way of giving back for all that has been given to me.

I may love One Piece, but more than just watching it and talking about how awesome I think it is, I want to channel that passion to create something of my own. Some people make speculative commentaries and interact with the fanbase. Some people create artwork and fan-stories to invigorate peoples' excitement and expand a story's universe and lore (Star Wars is a great example of this). Using inspiration to create our own works of art is how we can spread the influence and keep the flames burning brightly for the next generation. With each passing of the torch, the flames will burn brighter.

                                                                                                                        Peace
Working inspiration
The light isn't just for us, it's to help everyone navigate the darkness. Together we rise, together we fall, and together we continue the cycle. I want that cycle to be that of inspiration.

Comments

  1. What inspires you? How can you utilize that inspiration to create something of your own?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment