Never give up, never surrender - YoM Day 210

Seven months ago I began a journey of practicing mindfulness every day and we've reached day 210. Yesterday, I talked about the importance of finding purpose in our actions. Today is a new day. 
"I never made it to the school choir because the music teacher didn't like my voice. I was pretty sad. But he was probably right; I did have a voice a bit like a goat, but my dad told me to never give up and keep going, and it's paid off." - Shakira
I recorded my first video today of my playing the Kakariko Village theme from the Legend of Zelda series and found out how much of a perfectionist I am when it comes to my playing. I've always been camera shy and rarely play in front of other people, but even though I've been in plenty of recitals growing up it still seems to make me tense up and make more mistakes than usual. After at least 20 attempts, I was almost fed up. It felt like with each try I was getting worse and worse and I was getting tired of starting over so many times. I took a deep breath, reminded myself to relax, and finally gave a performance I was satisfied with. As I saved the video and started uploading it to facebook it felt good sharing something I really enjoy with other people.

No matter how hard times might get, it's important to never give up. There's always a possibility for things to work out. Once we see the goal we can accomplish it if we truly want it. It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of how and when. I don't consider myself very tech savvy, but I thought about how I could record videos and what content I'd upload. Looking at what I'd have to do in order to get things started sounded like a huge chore (as easy as it might be for some people I had to learn how to do a lot of things because I've never done it before). I figured that it'd be like cramming for another exam, only this time my only motivation is myself and not a grade or deadline.

As I went through the recording process things started to make sense (lighting, composition of the frame, etc.) and now I have a better idea on how I want to do things for next time. With each experience I'll learn new things, so in just doing it and practicing I'll become better. Today is a reminder to never give up on our dreams. It doesn't matter what it is. If we really care about something it's worth holding on to with the utmost stubbornness. Keeping this in mind can help maintain our motivation so we can stay determined no matter what slumps we find ourselves in. It can make us unbreakable.

Never give up, never surrender. For all you know victory is right around the corner.

                                                                                                                               Peace
Keep going
Keep going. There's always a way.

Comments

  1. What's something you're going for and don't want to let go and give up on?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment