Keep believing - YoM Day 205

Six months ago I began a journey of practicing mindfulness every day and we've reached day 205. Yesterday, I talked about focusing on what we can do now in order to reach our goals. Today is a new day.
"If you do not see it and if you do not believe it, who else will?" -  Arnold Schwarzenegger 
I finally got my Pinterest up-to-date with all of my art and posts from this blog so I can give people another way to find me/see my work. I felt pretty proud of myself for having put in the work and time to set everything up. In the past I've mentioned my blog to friends and they'd give me the typical, "hey, that sounds cool. I'd love to see it" and they'd never actually go check it out. It felt bad seeing how few of my "friends" are actually supporting me. It made me feel like everything I was doing was for nothing and that I haven't changed at all despite all of my efforts. It made me question whether I should continue writing every day or not. Despite this, I wanted to put my thoughts out there for everyone to see and since creating my Pinterest a lot more people have found these daily thoughts. All because I believed in myself and trusted that this project would benefit me in some way.

The worst thing we can do is stop believing in ourselves. If we're not confident in what we're doing, how can others have confidence in us? It's rare for people to take notice of and support people who think low of themselves. At the end of the day, what we do should be motivated by our own desires and intentions, not what other people want. I'm writing these daily thoughts for my own benefit with the belief that it'll help grant me a higher sense of self-awareness and perspective on life.

Being overly concerned over what others might think of these daily writings serves as a distraction keeping me from focusing on my goals. Just believe in yourself and do you. Haters gonna hate no matter what, so it's better to follow our own path than reluctantly go with what others want us to do, yeah?

No matter what we go through in life, I do my best to trust in my judgements and in doing so I end up being more confident in my decisions. Rather than questioning whether I should do something I just do it with the belief that things will work out alright in the end. Although simple and sometimes foolish, there has been far more good in my life from following my gut than letting hesitation hold me back. There are always things we're uncertain about and today is a reminder to never stop believing in yourself. Even if nobody else believes you, if you believe in yourself you can do anything you set your mind to.

                                                                                                                        Peace
Keep believing
Don't stop believing

Comments

Post a Comment