YoM Day 185: life's detours

Yesterday, I talked about finding the value in anything. Today is a new day.
"For all those whose cares have been our concern, the work goes on, the cause endures, the hope still lives, and the dreams shall never die." - Edward 'Ted' Kennedy
This morning I woke up and went straight to meditation for 10 minutes. As I finished I felt really calm. I normally start out the day listening to a podcast or some music while I'm brushing my teeth and all that good stuff, but I ended up doing everything in complete silence. I realized how much calmer it was and kind of forgot how I used to do that every day when I was younger. I've never considered myself a morning person, but I never realized how much something as simple as being in silence or starting the day with a lot of noise impacted me. By meditating as soon as I woke up it helped me set that calming mood and made me ready to take on the rest of my day.

Even though the day has gone pretty well for me so far, life isn't always so great. Part of life is suffering and things won't always work out for us. However, no matter how bad things get our dreams end only when we choose to give up on them. Even though most people prefer to get results as soon as possible, life is full of little detours and although we may not realize it, those detours often help us to reach our destination fully armed and ready to take on whatever is waiting for us there. It's not that we've gotten lost, rather, life has taken us somewhere to teach us something and we just haven't figured out what that is yet. Sometimes choosing to take detours can show you things you'd have missed out on had you taken the fast-lane. In taking a slower start to my day I ended up finding out a better, more relaxing way for me to settle into my morning routines.

When it comes to failures, they come with more severe consequences and sometimes set us back, but the same still applies. They force us to reflect on our actions and see what we can improve on, where we took a wrong turn, but those with the will to carry on also have the hope to overcome these hurdles. Today has reminded me that I shouldn't let setbacks keep me from realizing my dreams. I should instead embrace them, learn from them, and never give up on them through constant work. 

                                                                                                                           Peace
Life's detours
In life it's not a matter of which option is faster, it's what we can learn from the experience.

Comments

  1. What dreams are you not going to give up on? What detours have presented themselves along the way? What have you learned from them?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment