YoM Day 160: taking detours

Yesterday. I talked about how our attitude affects how we see a situation. Today is a new day.
"When you come to a roadblock take a detour." - Mary Kay Ash
I made plans to go hiking today but with my body still feeling really weak I decided I should spend the day resting up and hydrating myself to flush out whatever it is that's in me. Life likes to throw curve balls at us and sometimes things don't always work out the way we want them to. We may think it's unfair wonder what we did to warrant such things, however, things deviating from our expectations sometimes be a blessing in disguise.

Originally, I had planned to go hiking by myself, but now I've invited some people to come with me. Now I'll have some company with me as I go on an adventure in the mountains. The more the merrier comes to mind. Even though I've postponed plans to later this week, I'm still going hiking, so does it really matter that I can't go today? I can go hiking any time even after summer vacation, so I think it's not such a big deal.

I have a lot of dreams and I can be pretty impatient, so I need to learn to take the detours sometimes. Rather than getting focused on the goal, it's the journey along the way that often reaps the most benefit to us, for it is through the various hardships that we learn to grow as people. It's learning to go with the flow and realizing that we can only control ourselves, but the world is out of our hands and so rather than trying to fight it, we learn to keep an open mind and co-exist with it.

                                                                                                                         Peace
long way
The long road ahead might have some unexpected twists and turns. Who knows what might come from giving them a chance.

Comments