YoM Day 159: feeling miserable

Yesterday, I talked about dreaming big and embracing failure. Today is a new day.
"We either make ourselves miserable or we make ourselves strong. The amount of work is the same." - Carlos Castaneda 
I went to Sanda yesterday to visit some friends who helped give me support when I first came to Japan for homestay in high school. It was really great catching up with them after so long. Unfortunately, I also ended up getting real sick and collapsed as soon as I got home last night.

Japan's summer is hot and humid. Not exactly the best formula for comfort. I generally use my air-conditioner to beat the heat and they have something called "air-con byou", which means air-conditioner sickness. Basically, you feel sick and in my case my body had the shivers (even outside in the heat I felt chills) and just felt like shit.

Our perspective of our situation greatly affects how we enjoy life and although I could've easily let my day be ruined, but instead I chose to focus on how grateful I was to hang out with some friends. Whenever we're in a bad situation how we choose to look at it also influences our recovery. When we feel more stress and anxiety it reduces our immune system's capacity to work. Being positive and never giving up has saved people from dying of cancer in its most extreme cases and in most cases just helps us feel better, kind of like when the doctor would give us a lollipop as children.

If you'll excuse me, it's 3 in the morning and I'm gonna get some more rest. Tomorrows thoughts will likely be delayed.

                                                                                                                              Peace
feeling miserable
Sometimes smiling can make all of the difference when we're not doing so well.

Comments