YoM Day 158: dare to fail

Yesterday, I talked about not letting defeat get the last laugh. Today is a new day.
"Dream big and dare to fail." - Norman Vaughan
Today, I started recording things to potentially upload for my first video and thought about how I'd format everything. I also recently made a pinterest and am in the process of linking all of my blog posts to pins and setting up another place to get my art out in the ether. When thinking about it I know it's gonna be a lot of work and the effort might not reap any rewards. After hours of putting everything together maybe nobody will check out this blog. Maybe that time spent setting up my pinterest could've better been spent doing something else. I don't know, but regardless it's a good experience that's teaching me the value in trying new things.

I have big dreams and want to leave behind a legacy. I know it's going to take a lot of time, effort, and unwavering commitment to make it happen. It's going to take a lot of experimentation to create something really successful, which is why it's important to keep working on my craft and doing my best to improve. Nothing in worthwhile comes easily, so I'm prepared to fail countless times in the process in the hopes that one golden idea will come out of it. That one bit of success is all we need in order for all of that hard work to be worth it, because it shows that we've grown.

I also write poetry and have started writing music. I'm by far still an amateur in those areas (we all gotta start somewhere, yeah?), but the only way to improve is to keep doing it. One thing that's helping me branch out to try new things is to remind myself that I shouldn't have any expectations for myself and keep an open mind. When I do that I don't see failure as a bad thing, but as a way to see where I still gave room for growth. This difference in outlook makes me more okay with things not going as planned. It makes failure, in its own way, a good thing.

In the words of Bob Ross, "we don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents" that show us the way forward. 

                                                                                                                            Peace
dare to fail
What doesn't kill you can help you grow stronger.

Comments

Post a Comment