YoM Day 157: don't accept defeat

Yesterday, I talked about getting out of a rut. Today is a new day.
"Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat." - F. Scott Fitzgerald
I finally finished my latest painting the other day after weeks of being stuck. I didn't know what direction I wanted to go with it and even thought that I might not have the skill to make something good out of it. I doubted myself a lot and felt defeated. After finally coming back to it and experimenting with some techniques, it finally came to me and I was able to envision the final product.

Life is filled with plenty of disappointments and things won't always go our way. Whenever we fail, we might've lost the battle, but that doesn't mean we've lost the war. I've failed in a lot of things in life. Be it tests, not getting jobs I've applied for, etc. Every time I picked myself and tried again I eventually managed to overcome my struggle.

Imagine you're playing a video game and you just can't seem to get past a section no matter what you try. You have an idea on what you need to do but you can't seem to execute it. You try and try again and keep seeing that GAME OVER screen. It starts to eat away at you and you decide to stop playing for a while. Many people stop there and just give up. This translates into our real life, too. Sometimes we face struggles that no matter how hard we try we can't seem to overcome.

Yet for those who keep fighting and keep getting back up eventually end up succeeding. Like how Rocky kept getting back up and refused to give up in every fight, picking something back up after countless failures can be difficult; however, if you remain tenacious and refuse to lose, you'll eventually end up beating that level or overcome any obstacle that comes your way. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger and as long as there's a war to be waged, defeat is merely a setback that tests our resolve.

                                                                                                                           Peace
don't accept defeat
Where there's a will, there's a way. Giving up is the ultimate defeat.

Comments

Post a Comment