YoM Day 150: what we dwell on

Yesterday, I talked about always dreaming. Today is a new day. 
"I know for sure that what we dwell on is who we become." - Oprah Winfrey
I've been spending more time thinking about becoming stronger and I've noticed that I've been making some gains at the gym. My body has more energy and I've been able to lift more weights. I also feel more clear on where I'm trying to go with my life and that sense of clarity is empowering.

We are what we eat, as they say. If you eat enough carrots every day your skin will become a little more orange in color. If you eat curry everyday your sweat will smell a bit like curry. If you only eat junk food you're gonna be low on energy and feel like...that's right, junk. In the same way, anyone who spends their time thinking about negative things all day is training their mind to focus specifically on bad things. If I went around every day thinking about what I don't like about the world and how unfair it is those things just end up being pronounced and it distracts me from seeing all of the beauty that's present around me. It would prevent me from enjoying life.

On the other hand, when we eat healthy and maintain physically and mentally active we feel a million times better. When I try focusing my thoughts on how beautiful the trees are, how nicely the sun is shining (even if it's like a sauna outside right now in the summertime), and how magnificent the clouds are, I start to see how everything has something amazing to offer. When I think like that, my life seems to manifest positivity all around me whether it's my interactions with other people or the opportunities that have come my way.

All of this has translated into just feeling better. It's a cycle, like turning a gear and seeing its cogs slowly moving faster and faster. As a result of thinking more positively my life has become more positive. This creates a chain reaction that effects all aspects of our lives.

We are what we think about.

                                                                                                                       Peace
What we dwell on
What do you think about?

Comments

Post a Comment