YoM Day 149: don't stop dreamin'

Yesterday, I talked about how asking for what we want. Today is a new day.
"You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream." - C.S. Lewis
I got my new phone yesterday (I opted for the Huawei P10) and I'm loving it so far. Compared to what I used to have I'm out of the stone age and it feels nice. My goal is to use this tech to help me take better pictures for my instagram, and to also have a decent enough camera to start vlogging with and talk more about life in Japan and whatever comes to mind.

I could be content and stop there, but depending on how things go I aspire to further increase the quality of everything I produce. I plan to save up for better gear so I can take better quality pictures/videos, and as I improve my content-creation skills it's my goal to eventually be able to make this a full-time gig that can help support my lifestyle. From there, who knows what I'll dream of next? The important thing is that I'm looking forward toward my vision of a brighter future.

One of the biggest regrets elderly people have as they're laying on their death bed is having never chased after their dreams in order to "play it safe". Although the idea of safety and security is comforting, it's only so because we don't know how amazing things could be had we taken the leaps of faith necessary in order for us to grow. In the same way, I also think it's just as important to always set new goals for ourselves in order to fully realize our full potential.

When we stop chasing after something we end up losing the will to do our best. When we lack purpose it's like we're wandering in the dark without a clue as to where we're headed. We end up stagnating and wind up like zombies mindlessly seeking its prey. One thing that's happened in the last few decades is an increase in mental illness, including various forms of dimensia, depression, schizophrenia, etc. A huge reason for that is our lack of mental and physical balance.

Staying active is the best way to prevent mental deterioration. We can do this by always working toward achieving new heights as a means to give us purpose and challenge our minds. If we keep dreaming bigger each time we reach a milestone we give ourselves something else to work toward, and by doing so we inevitably become stronger as people because we're constantly challenging ourselves.

If I went to the gym and always used the same weights and never pushed myself, I'd never get stronger. I might be in shape, but I'll stay at the same level. If I want to reach the next level I have to increase the weight, do more reps, increase my pace, lower my resting periods, etc. until I get to where I want to be.

Steve Perry told his fans to don't stop believin'. I say don't stop dreamin'.

                                                                                                                     Peace
Don't stop dreamin'
Work hard, dream big

Comments

Post a Comment