YoM Day 132: how we see it

Yesterday, I talked about spontaneity. Today is a new day.
"The entire world is a mirror. The only thing you can ever experience is yourself. Everything you think, feel, do, and see is you. Your thoughts, feelings, ideas, values, philosophies, and opinions create your world. Everything you experience is as it is because that's how you experience it. We experience the world the way we do because of who we are, not because of how it is." - from The Key and the Name of the Key Is Willingness
This morning my dad got ready to head to work to find that his car was broken into. His day was pretty much ruined as soon as it started. Knowing how my dad is, I know he's gonna be upset all day, if not for the whole week because of it. Feels bad.

I've said time and again that perception is everything. Everything we perceive through our senses is an interpretation made by chemical reactions in our brain. Most of us tend to view the world very differently from one another. While some people view the world as a very depressing place others see it as a living paradise. Of course there are plenty of things that influence how we choose to see the world, but in the end it's up to us whether the grass is already green or hope that it is on the other side.

It's easy for our emotions get the best of us. When we have a bad day everything comes across as shit. We might think everyone is being an asshole and it leaves room for a lot of assumptions and misunderstandings. That same day to someone in a positive mood would be seen very differently. One major thing I've noticed since practicing mindfulness every day is that I don't have bad days anymore. Some days might be more stressful than others, but no matter how bad things get there's always another side to the story the more I think about it.

I've gone through heartbreak, sickness, and all sorts of defeat in these last few months but instead of seeing them as means to my end I've tried to grow from them. As I continue to open my mind to the possibilities my life has responded in kind. If I'm having a bad day it's not the day that's bad it's my attitude being reflected in the world around me. By accepting this I can stop looking to place the blame on anything and look to myself to see how I can change in order to make my life better.

Something is only impossible the moment we believe in it. In the same way we're capable to doing anything we really set our minds to. Is the glass half full or is it half empty?

                                                                                                                             Peace
how we see it
The world we see before us all depends on how our minds choose to interpret data being processed in our brains. This is perception.

Comments

  1. How does the world your mind is projecting for you reflect who you are?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment