YoM Day 131: spontaneity

Yesterday, I talked about remembering to have fun. Today is a new day.
"Don't be afraid to go out on a limb. That's where the fruit is". - H. Jackson Browne
When I get really bored sometimes I get stuck trying to figure out what I want to do. I could practice the piano, I could watch anime, I could workout, I could go sightseeing, the list goes on. Eventually, I end up thinking about what I want to do so much that I find that I'll find that I just spent an hour contemplating what I want to do. Had I just picked one without caring which one sounded the best at the time I would've either ended my boredom or would just move on to do something else. Some situations require immediate action, yet we sometimes get so caught up in our heads that we end up waiting until it's too late to do something or nothing at all.

When I think about taking more chances and being more lively, the first thing I think of is spontaneity. Being spontaneous means to act according to natural feelings, tendencies, or impulses.So rather than work myself up over what I should be doing I should just do it. The same is true with anything we want in life. You want ice cream? Get some ice cream. If you want to learn something, just start doing it and you'll eventually get better at it. You want your dream job? Apply for it. If you don't get it, build some skills and keep applying until you get it.

I feel like I hesitate a lot in life and one thing I can do to help me take more action in life is practice the art of spontaneity. Sometimes it's the simple things that make life wonderful and rather than trying to overthink and plan everything out I should just let myself go with the flow and embrace what comes my way.

                                                                                                                                 Peace
Spontaneity
Even if you have no idea what you're doing, just try doing it and maybe something beautiful will come out of it.

Comments

Post a Comment