YoM Day 119: yes to taking action

Yesterday, I talked about being more open to new experiences. Today is a new day.
"Imagine that yes is the only living thing." - E. E. Cummings
In life you either can or you can't do something. For the majority of things in our lives, it's a battle of mentality that makes the difference between being able to achieve something and not. So if given the choice, you might as well pick "yes" then and believe you can.

One thing I like to do when people ask me whether they should choose between one thing or another is answer, "yes". It usually gets a laugh, but the important thing isn't making the right choice, I think it's taking action. This applies to everything in our lives. I want to the gym more. I usually go 2-3 times a week, but I'm trying to go 4-5 times now. Instead of making excuses to not go to the gym in the morning, I have to say "yes" and just go. The same way that learning something requires doing it, the most important part of working out is showing up and not letting the voices of "no" convince me to stay home.

When thinking about the future, I have a lot of things I want to do with my life. I want to make this blog successful. I want to create a successful youtube channel. I want my art to be recognized and inspire people. I want to write music. I want to inspire others and provide them with value. Unless I take action towards doing all of these things, I won't achieve anything. In order to make these dreams happen I have to give a resounding "yes" to the possibility of making them all happen. When I decide that it's possible, I then need to put in the work to make it happen.

The moment I think "no, I can't" or that it's not possible to make my dreams a reality I'll lose all motivation to keep going. I can't let the negative voices win, which is why "yes" is the only answer we need when it comes to whether we should or shouldn't do something. If it's something you wanna do, just do it. Don't hold yourself back from reaching your potential. The moment you convince yourself that you can't do something is when that dream dies. Our fears and doubts might sound pretty convincing, but that makes it more important for us to turn toward the voices saying we can and put all of our effort into believing in the power of "yes".

The best motivation comes from believing in the self. Like the little engine that could kept saying, "I think I can" and that one belief is what kept it going. Once we make that first step everything else becomes easier. 


                                                                                                                        Peace
Yes to life
'Yes' or 'No'? It's up to you to decide.

Comments

  1. If you fully believed that you achieve anything, what would you accomplish? What's holding you back? Can you make your dreams come true? Yes or No?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment