Think to Become - YoM Day 356

Eleven months ago I began a journey of practicing mindfulness every day and we've reached day 356. Yesterday, I talked about making life memorable. Today is a new day. 
"As you think, so shall you become." - Bruce Lee
A year ago I was set on changing myself. I wanted to grow and realize my dreams for the future. Although I'm not quite where I want to be in life yet, I've feel like I've found a path that suits me. As I approach the end of my year of mindfulness, I've come to see that I've known what I've been seeking to understand this whole time: growth is a lifestyle and it all starts with having the right mindset.

Do you believe in magic? In ancient times, words were considered powerful and to be used carefully spoken. While that still hasn't changed, we've become so accustomed to these incantations that we've forgotten how much of an impact they can have on us. Doing things like reciting positive self-affirmations in the morning CAN and WILL have an impact on your life. Rather than being something cool like a patronus charm or cool superpowers, it affects us on a psychological level.

Our thoughts are the paint to our canvas and we become what we think about. Most people have heard of the notion "fake it 'til you make it". While simply faking it doesn't actually work, the belief in your ability and your willingness to push and continue to work on yourself until you get there does. A person who does something with the belief that they can will much more likely succeed than the person who is always doubting their ability.

Simply putting effort in trying to improve will create a self-fulfilling prophecy that will lead to results if you stick to it. In taking action and believing that you can will manifest results with enough time. We all face doubt in our lives, but it's important to drown out the negative voices with the sounds of unyielding conviction. Like the lion's roar, proud and unmatched, so must we have faith in ourselves when the going gets rough. To become our greatest self we can't simply change how we live, how we look, or what we do. We also have to change how we think. In putting everything together, we can change who we are.

Who will you become?

                                                                                                                    Peace
Think to become
To become great, we have to start thinking we're great first.

Comments

  1. What are you working to become? Leave a comment below!

    Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment