Healing the Internal - YoM Day 333

Ten months ago I began a journey of practicing mindfulness every day and we've reached day 333. Yesterday, I talked about embodying whatever you do. Today is a new day.
"Healing takes courage, and we all have courage, even if we have to dig a little to find it." - Tori Amos
In getting into more depth with Jungian psychology, I can't help but find myself resonating a lot with his ideas. The main idea is finding balance within in order to manage our external experiences. Not only mentally, but physically as well. They're all connected. Thinking about balance, I wondered what imbalances I had and one thing that came to mind was the body's chakras.

For those unfamiliar, chakra is essentially our body's psychic energy that we tap into in order to function as sentient and sapient beings. There are 7 basic chakras, but the body has hundreds of focal points, like neurons, where our energy is distributed and the condition of our chakras contributes to our body's equilibrium. Whether you believe in the spiritual aspect of chakras or not, various cultures have adopted this concept whether it's qi or the significance of our body's pressure points (which are used in both Western and Eastern medicinal practices) and the idea of internal balance remains significant.

When thinking about my internal condition, I'm forced to examine my lifestyle and what I'm doing and relate it to how it affects my body and mind. Things like diet, sleep, exercise, stress, etc. How are they affecting my mood? How does my body feel? Am I able to function optimally and focus when I need to? These questions force us to be real with ourselves and take accountability for our health. That's important because it teaches us to see things for how they are.

In my case, I still lack focus and discipline. This year of mindfulness has been one of my baby steps in making myself create new habits and it's helped force me to buckle down and stick to something I put my mind to. I realized that I wasn't always rooted in reality (I was too caught up in my ideas and thinking) so I used this as a way to discipline myself. Going to the gym is how I'm learning to face adversity and challenge myself to grow (I'm learning to get over my laziness). Eating healthier is teaching me to overcome my impulses to indulge in things (I'm learning self-control).

All of these little things add up and are transforming my life greatly and it all starts with looking within to understand who we really are. Through understanding we can make progress - we undergo a transformation. That's what healing really is to me. It's searching the self in order to improve and become the best version of yourself.

How are you healing?

                                                                                                                   Peace
Healing
The lotus, which is born at the bottom of muddy waters, transforms itself and blooms into its beautiful form through overcoming struggle. Like the lotus, we too, can overcome the struggle, work on ourselves, and emerge as our best selves.

Comments

  1. What do you see when you examine yourself? Leave a comment below!

    Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment