Failure Can Have its Benefits - YoM Day 313

Ten months ago I began a journey of practicing mindfulness every day and we've reached day 313. Yesterday, I talked about having faith in yourself. Today is a new day.
"We tend to forget that happiness doesn't come as a result of getting something we don't have, but rather at recognizing and appreciating what we do have." - Fredrick Koeing
I got an email from my company about the teacher trainer position that I applied for before break and it turns out they wanted someone else for the job. At first the news hit me a little hard and I spent a few minutes thinking about what I did wrong or why I wasn't "good enough" for the job, but then I realized that it's not the end of the world. At the moment, I'm teaching at a good school with lots of positive students and I still have room to grow and improve. Instead of getting sad and moping over what I didn't get, I'm happy that I currently have a job that's both challenging and rewarding in its own way. I look forward to seeing how my relationships will continue to develop in the next school year.

Failure is something we all encounter, and although it can really suck for things to not turn out the way we want them to, it also means that we've left room to walk down different (potentially better) avenues that we may have initially overlooked. The best we can do is learn from the experience and apply that knowledge in our future endeavors.

It's also not always our fault when we fail. Sure, I may not have been picked for the job, but that doesn't mean I'm not good enough. They just found someone who suited their needs at the time more than I did. As a teacher, I can be a little unorthodox, so for someone who is expected to meet certain criteria and be very consistent at it, maybe the trainer position isn't the best fit for someone like me, who usually approaches things their own way.

With that in mind, I don't hold any grudges or resentment. It is what it is, and life is what we make it. I already have things going for me and it's up to me whether I make the best of it. Maybe where I'm at is exactly where I need to be for the time being? Having said that, there's still a lot I want to learn so maybe I can go to some meetups and network, learn, and gain some experiences. Now that I know I won't be a trainer in the next school year (starting in April), I can now look at other opportunities that might arise. Along the way who knows what I might come across? In that sense, this experience is an opportunity to broaden my horizons. We live and learn. For that, I am thankful.

                                                                                                              Peace
Dawn
There's a bright side to anything. It all depends on how we look at it. I'm thankful that I'm at least alive and well.

Comments

  1. Have you failed at anything recently? What have you gained from it?

    Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment