There's a story to everything - YoM Day 300

Nine months ago I began a journey of practicing mindfulness every day and we've reached day 300. Yesterday, I talked about showing people we care. Today is a new day.
"Every story I create, creates me. I write to create myself." - Octavia E. Butler
My parents' house is like a museum. There are a lot of relics made from years of history in the same place and each little thing has its own little story explaining why it became that way or how it got there. It's one thing I find interesting about my parents' habit of hoarding things. It brings back a lot of memories. I found my old high school year books in what used to be my room and it was crazy. My high school friend was over and we talked about various things we remember from high school and how much everyone we've kept in touch with since have changed over the years. It's kind of crazy now that I think about it more.

I thought about different ideas and one that came into mind was trying to understand more about the history in everything I encounter. Whether it's people or places, there's always something that happened prior to our encounter, and that's something that interested me. It's like each object or person holds its own piece of a puzzle to the past and connecting all of the dots to form a more cohesive whole is an interesting way of piecing together the world's secrets. The first step in mindfulness is learning about what's around you and the circumstances surrounding them. The next step is being able to see their histories, kinda like how Sherlock Holmes can trace what people do and where they came from through keen observation. Everything is connected and we can train ourselves to see how.

At least that's what I'm striving for with this daily practice. The year is nearing its final moments with only 65 left. It's crazy how that works. In being more mindful of the history behind everything I think I can get in touch with enough pieces to life's puzzle to make sense of it all. Each piece its own truth to share, it's own lesson to learn from. In learning to connect those lessons together we grow. With enough time we'll figure it out, like those crazy Japanese puzzles made out of metal.

What's your history? How did you get to where you are?

                                                                                                       Peace
there's a story to everything
Each book its own story; each their own connection to the bigger picture. The puzzle is figuring out in what way they do.

Comments

  1. If you have any thoughts, stories, or experiences, share them in a comment below!

    Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment