A moment of thanks - YoM Day 297

Nine months ago I began a journey of practicing mindfulness every day and we've reached day 297. Yesterday, I talked about the meaning in our names and how they relate to our lives. Today is a new day. 
"Thank you for life, and all the little ups and down that make it worth living." - Travis Barker
I spent Christmas with my entire family last night and even though we hadn't seen each other in a year, I've known them my entire lives so it was like picking a book back up after taking a short break. Although we didn't always see eye-to-eye, we're still family and I'm fortunate to be in one that values commitment and helping one another through thick and thin. In a way, it reminded me of a traditional American family. We were talking, having dinner, sharing some jokes, exchanging stories, being jolly, and there to be thankful to one another. It's things like this that make me love Christmas.

I'm thankful for being able to spend time with my family even though I live in another country. Seeing everyone come together despite their busy schedules is something that speaks loudly to me. These people have been there for me whenever I needed help so when the time comes that I am called to the line of duty for something they need I will answer it as best as I can. To me that's what family is about. I know it's cheesy, but to each their own.

We all have things we're thankful for and in the spirit of the holidays and the coming of the new year, I just wanted to take a moment to appreciate and give thanks to those who have helped us come this far. Thanks for every opportunity that I've been given. Gratitude for the life I've been given and the lifestyle I've been given. Most importantly, to not take any of that for granted.

We're all here and still have time left on this Earth. Let's make the best of it that we can. To a bright tomorrow.

What are you thankful for?

                                                                                                                   Peace
A moment of thanks
"Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it," - William Arthur Ward

Comments

  1. If you have any thoughts, stories, or experiences share them in a comment below!

    Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment