While on vacation - YoM Day 290

Nine months ago I began a journey of practicing mindfulness every day and we've reached day 290. Yesterday, I got really high and had a crazy trip that's left me really hazy the morning after. Today is a new day.
"Chilling out on the bed in your hotel room watching television, while wearing your own pajamas, is sometimes the best part of a vacation." - Laura Marano
So I tripped really hard last night. It was pretty awesome. In minutes I'd go from super elated and enlightened to feeling the weight of all of that understanding crush down on me. When this happens, my thoughts are clear, but it's like I lose the ability to convey it. Imagine the secrets of the universe being revealed to you but your monkey brain can't take it all in and so when you try to organize the information and convey it to people a bunch of incoherent nonsense comes out. It makes sense from my point of view, but to anyone on the outside it looks like nonsense. That's what I feel happens when I try to write when I'm too stoned.

This made me really think about work priorities. For me, I'm usually the type to finish work before doing any play. Whenever I do it in reverse not everything gets done and I end up thinking about how I should've gotten my work done first before having fun. Last night, while fun, was a reminder of why it's better for me to do my work first. At the same time, I don't regret anything. I had a great time and enjoying the experience is what vacations are all about. We all need breaks from the real world of responsibilities now and then. And because they're breaks, that means letting yourself go and be free.

Once I'm back in Japan and done with my vacationing I know that I have a lot of work to get done so I plan to make this time count as much as possible. I have projects to work on, ideas to sort out, and last night was a break from all of the thinking that I do. Honestly, that break was exactly what I needed, but it's back to work after that. If anything, using fun as a reward system for all of the hard work I do makes it that much more enjoyable. While I've been completely free to enjoy myself while here, I normally don't live that way. In doing so, I've found a nice balance of making the best out of the fun times and appreciating them while also giving myself time and focus to work on more serious matters such as self-improvement.

This vacation is both a chance for me to relax and just do what I want without worrying about a schedule. It's also an opportunity for me to let my thoughts settle and internalize themselves into my memory so that I can come up with some better ideas in the future. Imagine also making every moment like this. Not just vacations or breaks, but even in times of hardship. This is the goal I want to achieve with mindfulness. Let's make the best out of what free time we have for ourselves.

                                                                                                               Peace
Relax
Sit back, relax, and enjoy the journey.

Comments

  1. If you have any thoughts, stories, or experiences share them in a comment below!

    Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment