Coming out positive - YoM Day 287

Nine months ago I began a journey of practicing mindfulness every day and we've reached day 287. Yesterday, I talked about living life our own way. Today is a new day.
"Keep your face in the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow." - Helen Keller
Travel can be exhausting. I ended up finishing my packing at around 5 in the morning and would head off to Kansai International Airport an hour later. I had a 7-hour layover between my flight from Incheon, South Korea to Seattle, so I had time to explore the area, grab some food, and wait for another long flight before I can finally call it a day. With almost no sleep and another 10 hours of flying waiting for me (with any sleep I do get at the cost of neck cramps), I was already tired so I decided to do some writing while trying to pass the time. It turned out to be a perfect opportunity to reflect on things and I’ve had a lot to think about in my hazy state of mind.

Although I hate the traveling process with all of the security checks, going through customs, and waiting in line for everything, I actually like the buildup of my excitement as I get closer and closer to my destination. It’s kind of like anything we’re working toward in life. We just want the boring parts to be done and over with so we can get to the fun. Even if there are things in the process that we don’t like they’re all necessary for the bigger picture.

Having the right outlook can make a normally terrible situation (like long flights) into chances for us to really evaluate what's important to us. With so much time in the airport I was able to run through the things I want to do when I get back home and all of the people I wanted to hang out with. So it doesn't matter that I hate airports. This experience is just something that will make finally being home that much better. Stay positive and things will turn out alright.

                                                                                                                   Peace
Coming out positive
Pull back the negativity and you'll see that there's always a lot to be positive about.

Comments

  1. If you have any thoughts, stories, or experiences share them in a comment below!

    Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment