Learn from others - YoM Day 277

Nine months ago I began a journey of practicing mindfulness every day and we've reached day 277. Yesterday, I talked about not sacrificing your individuality for the sake of following the norm. Today is a new day.
"Always desire to learn something useful." - Sophocles
A substitute teacher came in to my school yesterday and because it wasn't a busy day for them they had a lot of free time during their shift. They ended up making some decorations for the upcoming new year and the plethora of ideas they came up with made me feel like my creativity was lacking. I had spent some time the whole year trying to think of various ways to improve the school's atmosphere and in one day they already thought of a few good ideas. I thought about how I still have a long way to go as a teacher and artist.

Although it hurt my pride a bit, after thinking about it, we all have creative ideas. That particular teacher has also been teaching for over 20 years, so it also made sense how she could come up with so many ideas. She has years of experience with this sort of thing that I don't have. We're all creative in our own ways, too, so I shouldn't be comparing myself to them. Rather, I want to learn from their ideas and come up with new ones of my own.

I told her that I really liked how crafty she was and laid out some of my own ideas and she thought they were really great and even added her own twist to them. It was a cool back-and-forth exchange of ideas that reminded me a lot of my school days when working in group projects, but the main difference is that we were doing out of enjoyment and not for a grade. It's moments like this that made me want to start writing a blog. I want to share my thoughts and ideas and hopefully see others' as well (so please share them!). I want to learn from everyone and see how we grow in the process.

You never know when that information might come in handy.

                                                                                                              Peace
Learn from others
Wherever you go, there will always be someone that can teach you something.

Comments

  1. If you have any thoughts, stories, or experiences, share them in a comment below!

    Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment