Getting stuck isn't so bad - YoM Day 267

Eight months ago I began a journey of practicing mindfulness every day and we've reached day 267. Yesterday, I talked about giving to others. Today is a new day.
"The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain." - Dolly Parton
I woke up today with writer's block. I just didn't know what to talk about, think about. This happens quite a lot to be honest. I decided to get a workout in and hoped something would come to mind by the time I finished. Nope. After my workouts I like to get some food at the supermarket and though maybe I'd think of something then. NOPE. Despite it being a perfect day outside and starting things out well, my mind was empty. All I could think about was how I can't think of anything to write and it hit me: I'll write about that.

Inspiration comes from many places and no matter how hard we try sometimes we can't force the ideas to come to our head. We all have bad days, so instead of focusing on what's wrong, I try to do the best I can and things usually work out. If I tried to force ideas out of my head all day I might eventually come up with something, but it would lose its authenticity. My best work comes from when I'm inspired by something, so rather than forcing the ideas, I look toward things that inspire me and let the htoughts come naturally It could be playing a video game or something and trying to figure out how your appreciation for it manifests itself in other aspects of your life. Why I like something could say a lot about me as a person and it helps me figure out what kind of life I want to live as I get older. In a way it provides me guidance.

All of us get caught in a rut at some point in life, but it can be necessary in order for us to grow. Getting stuck in life, whether it's writer's block, not knowing what career you want to pursue, or closing yourself off from the world and not getting anywhere in life, these moments force us to take a step back and evaluate ourselves. They're the mandatory breaks in life that are there to let us cool down and collect ourselves before going back into the grind that is the real world. While we might not understand it at first, they're not so bad once things start to become a little clearer and you figure out where you need to go. 

Where are you headed?

                                                                                                                Peace
Stuck
Whenever you feel trapped, know that there's always a way out.

Comments

  1. If you have any thoughts, stories, or experiences, share them in a comment below!

    Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment