I'll gladly share - YoM Day 266

Eight months ago I began a journey of practicing mindfulness every day and we've reached day 266. Yesterday, I talked about giving to others. Today is a new day.
"If you are really thankful, what do you do? You share." - W. Clement Stone
I went on a trip to Kyoto today with my gym bud and his wife. We visited places like Nanzenji Temple, Kodaiji Temple, and various shops around the Kiyomizu area and Gion. We saw a lot of interesting things, shared some good laughs, and did a fair bit of walking. If there's one thing you can count on at touristy spots, it's souvenirs, and seeing them all got me thinking about my upcoming trip back to the states for Christmas.

The hardest part about starting a new life is having to leave behind the life you already had. Although I live in a new land that doesn't mean that I have to completely forget about what I had back in the states, nor does it mean that I can't be thankful for it all. I ended up buying gifts for my friends and family as my way of sharing my experiences in Japan with them. I love food, so what better way to show my friends how awesome Japan can be than through some good food and the pictures I take? In getting people Japanese snacks (traditional or not) I can share my culture with them and (hopefully) open up their minds to different tastes and modes of thinking. Compared to the states, Japanese sweets and snacks can be very different, so it's always fun seeing peoples' reactions to things they've never seen before.

Learning to share with others has been something that has helped me see the importance of opening up to others. When we get stuck in only looking out for ourselves it can make us forget how beautiful this world can be. To me, making connections with others is letting them see your world and being open to seeing theirs. Whether it's a gift, offering some help, or just being there for someone, there are many things we can give and share with each other. Having lunch and spending the day sightseeing with my friends was a really rewarding experience that I hope we can all cherish. Things like this put a smile on my face and if it means being able to spread some of that joy I'll gladly share any day.

                                                                                                                     Peace
I'll gladly share
What can you share with the world?

Comments

  1. If you have any thoughts, stories, or experiences share them in a comment below!

    Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment