Cherish the memory - YoM Day 258

Eight months ago I began a journey of practicing mindfulness every day and we've reached day 258. Yesterday, I talked about being more mindful of what you eat. Today is a new day.
"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened." - Dr. Seuss
This week my kids gave me another reminder of how wonderful they can be. Seeing their smiles and carefree demeanor as I taught and played games with them makes my job really fun. I talk about my students a lot, but the truth is, they probably help me more than I do them. Similar to my students last year, I know I'm gonna really miss my kids when they move on in life at the end of the year.

Whether it's a relationship, someone you know passing away, the best day of your life, or an amazing dinner, everything comes to an end. Even so, that doesn't mean we can't cherish the memory of it all. Things can be immortalized through our memories and we can recall them at any time. The end of something doesn't have to be the end of everything, either. I'll still see a lot of my students next year whether it's in my class or wandering about the school. And with every end comes the birth of new beginnings. Next year I'll have a new group of kids to take under my wing and I'll go through the process all over again. As much as I'll miss the little tykes, that's just a part of life.

We can't preserve everything we have in life, so it's important to make what time we have now count.  I think about that every time I teach my kids and it reminds me to be present in the moment with them and give them the most of their time. By paying attention to the moment I can better appreciate every moment in life, which helps to solidify those moments into stronger memories when they pass. When the time comes for me to move on, I will remember to appreciate the good times that happened and never forget what I've learned along the way.

How will you cherish your memories?

                                                                                                                     Peace
Cherish the memory
When we have to say our 'goodbye's, it'll be okay as long as it was fun while it lasted.

Comments

  1. If you have any thoughts, stories, or experiences, leave a comment down below!

    Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment