Something to aim for - YoM Day 255

Eight months ago I began a journey of practicing mindfulness every day and we've reached day 255. Yesterday, I talked about putting yourself out there. Today is a new day.
"A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at."- Bruce Lee
When starting this blog I had hoped that I would reach at least 5,000 views by the end of one year. The first few weeks I remember maybe getting a view or two (mostly from me or a friend) and figured it was because it was very new that I didn't have anything going yet. I wanted to be realistic. A month later I was at a view per day. By that time I was seriously starting to reconsider whether my goal could be reached and it made me doubt myself.

We all have things we're striving to work toward in life and when things don't go our way it can be very discouraging. Somethings are just unattainable, but that doesn't mean shouldn't try. After the first few months I almost stopped writing altogether because I felt what I was doing wasn't creating any positive impact. I figured "what's the point?" I told myself that even if my message wasn't reaching anyone my reflections still helped me understand myself better, so I stuck through with it. In a way, it forced me to reevaluate my writing and see how I could improve it. So I started to experiment.

After a few weeks things started to improve. I got my first regular readers, and I was starting to see some actual traffic. Things were starting to look up and I began to think that although my goal might not be reached, progress is still progress. So I decided that I'd still have something aim for, but rather than focusing so much on how much progress I was making it'd be better to just focus on doing the best I can to write what's on my mind.

It's been a year and a half since I created this blog and I've currently reached 18,443 views. I managed to reach my goal and that is something I am very grateful for. Had I not reached my goal, however, that'd still be okay. I've learned a lot about myself and have had a lot to think about, which is what I had initially started writing this blog for. I wanted to grow and improve myself and in writing every day these last eight months I've definitely achieved that. I also look forward to the growth I make in the next 4 months as I reach the conclusion of a year of practicing mindfulness.

By the end of my second year blogging I hope to reach at least 20,000 views. By the end of the third year, reaching 100,000 views would be amazing. I may not reach those milestones, but they give me something to work toward. I look forward to seeing the growth one day at a time as I continue to do these daily reflections.

What are you aiming for?

                                                                                                                Peace
Something to aim for
Even if we miss, what counts is the effort we put into each shot we make.

Comments

  1. What do you think? Leave a comment below and share your thoughts! Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment