Having the passion - YoM Day 242

Eight months ago I began a journey of practicing mindfulness every day and we've reached day 242. Yesterday, I talked about the importance of controlled breathing. Today is a new day. 
"Have the passion, take action and magic will happen." - Bar Rafaeli 
With the start of November, the Inktober challenge has come to an end. Although I didn't end up making a whole drawing every day, I did pick up the pen every day and came up with some really nice ideas. I'm proud of what I made and more importantly, it helped to get me back into the habit of drawing again.

The other day a coworker brought me a sketch book with drawings from past teachers about their hometowns. They asked me to make one about Seattle and I finally remembered to take it home with me to work on it before my next shift. As I'm writing this I'm thinking about ideas for what to put down and like the Inktober challenge, it's been a nice way to put my creativity to work. When I think of Seattle, I think of the gray skies that cover the land so frequently. Most people in Japan know it for the Space Needle, Starbucks, and the Mariners. There's also Amazon, the band Nirvana, Jimi Hendrix, Bill Gates, and so many more. Although it rains most of the year, that doesn't stop the people from burning as bright as the sun.

When thinking about all of the great things in my hometown it reminds me of the things I want to accomplish with my life. I'd love to become a professional artist. I want to improve my piano playing and post videos on youtube. I want this blog to grow and become a place where you want to share your ideas and experiences so we can all learn from each other. In order to achieve these goals, I have to stay determined, work hard, and wait for the trees I've planted in life to bear fruit. The key to this is passion.

When we're passionate about things we stop at nothing to get what we're after. It's like an obsession. The difference between people lost in obsessive thoughts and those who are able to channel their thoughts on productivity is where the focus is directed. While some people focus solely on the dream, some direct their attention to taking action toward the dreams they want to realize. Finding that passion takes a lot of thought, experimentation, and luck; but when we find it we know. It's like someone flipped the light switch and we have that "aha" moment. We just know.

Find that passion and let it be the drive that enables you to accomplish your goals. Once you have it, you'll have all you need to become unstoppable.

                                                                                                                       Peace
Passion
Once we find something we're passionate about, it becomes the focus that puts all the pieces together.

Comments

Post a Comment