Having some fun in life - YoM Day 237

Seven months ago I began a journey of practicing mindfulness every day and we've reached day 237. Yesterday, I talked about spending time with the right kind of people. Today is a new day.
"Just play. Have fun. Enjoy the game." - Michael Jordan
This last week I've talked to a lot of people who also like Dragon Ball, so when they saw me wearing Goku's gi I got a lot of smiles and we talked about things we liked about the series. It was great. Moments like this are very warm and bring me a lot of joy. It was also fun seeing the kids wearing their costumes and pretending to battle each other with imaginary kamehameha waves and other super powers. It was a chance for me to connect with my inner child again and it felt nice.

One thing I love about being a teacher is being able to act dumb and silly all I want under the pretense of teaching. The kids enjoy it, the parents get a few laughs, and it's a way for me to have fun and not take things so seriously. As an adult we're faced with a lot of responsibilities and are expected to work hard all day every day. All work and no play. It can be easy to lose the sense of fun and pure joy that kids have when going through the daily grind. With the responsibilities of adulthood I've "matured", but it sometimes leaves the world feeling a little gray and boring. It often gets stressful, too. enough to just wanna check out of life.

When I have my kids lessons I'm reminded that even though I'm older I can still act like a kid and see the world as filled with wonder. Life's a game and it's my choice whether I have fun while playing it. Learning to just relax and have fun no matter where you go makes life a lot more enjoyable. Just because I have to teach my kids English doesn't mean I can't have fun with them. Same with my adult students. I like laughing as much as the next person, so I know that being 100% serious gets old really fast. Too much of anything is bad and doing silly things every now and then is a nice way to take a break from reality. This Halloween event week came at a good time because it emphasized this point to me.

No matter what it is, we don't have to take everything so seriously. You can never be too old to have fun. The time we have on this Earth is short, so we might as well take time to have some fun and enjoy it all while we can.

                                                                                                                           Peace
Having some fun in life
In a way, Halloween can represent how it's still possible to have a good time even when things seem at their darkest. It's all about our mindset.

Comments

Post a Comment