YoM Day 153: keep going

Yesterday, I talked about who we want to become. Today is a new day. 
"Through perseverance many people win success out of what seemed destined to be certain failure." -  Benjamin Disraeli 
Lately life seems to like throwing rocks at me. I've come to notice how fake a lot of the people I have to interact with are and it's been driving me crazy. I've done my best to be positive and still do my best to keep calm and it's paid off now that summer vacation has finally come. It's the perfect time to get myself back into my center.

There's famous scene in Christopher Nolan's Batman Begins where Bruce Wayne is lamenting his defeat and failure and his butler, Alfred, asks him, "why do we fall, sir? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up".

I've failed at a lot of things in life. Each time I learn from the experience and I come out stronger. When I have a lesson that I feel didn't go so well or when my students are struggling I take it really personally. I feel a strong sense of responsibility and so when that happens I think of ways to improve my craft so I can ensure that my students are having a good time and enjoying what it is they're learning. Rather than giving up after a bad lesson, persevering has helped me come up with a lot of good ideas for new games, activities, and ways to convey the lesson structures. It's helped me grow as a teacher and by extension as a person because it's shown me different ways in which people think/learn. All of this has helped to increase my empathy.

The road to victory is often littered with the corpses of those who gave up. The further you go the graveyard becomes more grim, yet if you keep pushing and keep getting back up, like so many stories, success will lie ahead to those who keep walking to see the light shining brilliantly at the end. It's easier to give up on your dreams. That's what most people do. The art of winning is a lonely path; after all, there can only be one true winner. This applies to anything be it success in love, business, innovation, etc. Although many people will say it's impossible, the only thing you need is to believe in yourself and keep going. Never give up, never surrender.

                                                                                                                     Peace
Go
No matter how impossible or unlikely you think the dream may be, keep going with an unshakeable will.

Comments