YoM Day 135: possible potential

Yesterday, I talked about questioning everything in search for truth. Today is a new day.
"If a pickpocket meets a holy man, he will see only his pockets." - Hari Dass
Last night I went to a dir en grey concert. Every time I see them live it's amazing and to make it better it also happened to be my birthday. Crazy coincidence! Seeing them on stage left me in awe as I thought about just how talented and amazing they are for having made quality music for decades. To add it, they put on an amazing performance. It made me want to leave behind a legacy like that. Some day I hope that I too, can move so many people and create a positive influence on their lives. 

Other peoples' success represents the possibilities of what we can achieve in our lifetime. If we put in the hard work and effort we can achieve anything. Whether it's a 3x body weight squat or inventing the next smart phone. The greatness in the people we come across is the potential we are projecting into the world around us.

I have a lot of dreams for the future. I want to be a better pianist. I want to make amazing drawings. I want to write a successful blog. I want to be a creator. When I see the people at the top of all of these areas I think two things: on the one hand I see the amazing gap separating me from the greats. On the other hand, I see how much I can still grow and improve in order to get to where they've come before me.

Looking back in my life, there have been many people who have inspired me to do take on new hobbies and strive for greater things. These people have always achieved something of their own and have shown me that I too can be like them if I chose. It's just a matter of how I want to view my situation.

                                                                                                                            Peace
Potential
Where there's a will, there's a way.

Comments

  1. What potential do you see in the world around you? How about your own potential?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment