YoM Day 123: it's all connected

Yesterday, I talked about happiness depending on our outlook on things. Today is a new day.
"Just remain in the center watching. Then forget that you are there." - Lao-Tzu
By design we are ego-centric creatures. We are the most important thing in our experience of life, so it's easy for us to get into the habit of relating everything back to us, the center of our existence. When things go wrong, we tend to place blame on ourselves for having "messed up". When things go right, we feel a great sense of satisfaction in having done the "right thing". Yet we often don't attribute our fortune to external influences. This is, in Lao-Tzu's eyes, an illusion of our ego.

From my observations, it's not that everything is connected to us. While living in the states I was a recreational pot smoker. One thing I loved about smoking was how it would alter my perception and help me relax. Above all, it helped me let go of my ego as well as reflect on my inner demons. I'd generally smoke through blunts or a bong, but I eventually got the chance to try dabs (concentrated THC extracted from the plant). It was interesting. If a hit from a blunt is a 1, a bong a 5, then the dab was a 10. They are strong, and the universe juices that flew through me that night were intense. I remember getting so high that I was couch-locked.

While sitting there, I could see everything. The moments that lead to me taking the dab, the possible futures that awaited me, how my fates intertwined with my friends around me, how the universe and everything in it were connected like the synapses of the body connect the neurons and cells to form a network that allows us to function. The universe is the body and we are the neurons, while the synapses create the gaps that separate you from me, from the plants and other life forms on this earth. Everything was given meaning in a way.

We share a relationship with everything, whether we realize it or not. It is when we set aside the ego that we can see the connections. Of course, I was reeeeeally stoned when thinking all of this, so who really knows?

                                                                                                                            Peace
It's all connected
The matrix of the ego is an illusion dispelled by seeing how everything is connected. Or perhaps that is the matrix we put ourselves in?

Comments

  1. Day 123. The numbers connect consecutively. Coincidence? It's all connected to this one point in time. Perhaps this is a sign of things to come? Or perhaps I'm looking for connections that aren't really there?

    The ego is a curious thing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment