YoM Day 93: connected

Yesterday, I talked about happiness being something we learn. Today is a new day.
"That is happiness: to be dissolved into something complete and great." -  Willa Cather
Yesterday, I spent time with a friend that is currently going through some really hard times. We haven't talked much since we had some tension a few months back, but she was in a lot of pain from her recent loss and needed someone to just be there for her. A lot of people just need someone to listen and let them vent everything they've bottled up inside out. We didn't do anything fancy. She came over, I showed her Telltale's Walking Dead video game, listened to some music, and just talked. Even though it was really simple, we really connected and I felt completely myself. I felt happy that she opened up to me. No expectations, just honesty. 

Whenever we feel happy, it's like nothing else matters. For me, when I'm happy I usually feel a sense of peace, like I'm completely fulfilled and immersed in the moment. These moments are like reminders that I am complete as I am. When I feel happy, it's like I am in-sync with what I should be doing and where I should be. In the brief moments of happiness I feel whole.

Although we're complete on our own, the more people we share with the greater the whole can become. This isn't limited to feelings, either. In recent events of the U.S. announcing their departure from the Paris Agreement tens of thousands are banding together to work toward preserving the peace we've created from trying to preserve the environment as we continue to grow and expand our economy and infrastructure. It's creating new movements for people to connect with one-another and express themselves openly. Although what's happening is terrible, it's getting people to come together.

It's amazing what we can achieve when we work together for the same cause. When we're able to share ourselves with others we connect with them and end up creating something greater than ourselves.

                                                                                                                     Peace
Pieces of a whole
Like the pieces of a puzzle, together we contribute to a greater whole.

Comments

  1. Today's assignment: what does "complete and great" look like to you?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment