YoM Day 116: the history of our roots

Yesterday, I talked about being. Today is a new day.
"You are the sum total of everything it has taken to produce you since before the beginning of beginningless time." - Buddhist saying
What is life? In this universe, be it rocks, trees, animals, stars, nuclear power, everything; it's all made out of energy and matter. From a basic standpoint, we are made from the same space dust as the crystals that go into making our computers. We're just put together in such a way that we have a consciousness and can move. We're a combination that is so rare in occurrence that our mere existence is like a miracle. What makes us particularly special is our ability to ask and our need to know "why". Our history is based on this need for a "because", which has led us to all of the advancements we've made up until this point.

Our DNA contains thousands to (potentially) millions of years of ancestral history. We are the culmination of our forefathers' search for the ultimate "because". Inside us holds the ultimate cipher for us to decode. Whether we've actually managed to do that already I don't know. However, humanity came from something, so not only is mankind's history encoded in our genes, we're also connected to the history of life in this world. All we need are the keys to help us connect everything together.

I like to consider myself an observer. I like to watch things and think about what's going on. I like to ask questions about why things are the way they are. As I was drifting away to sleep last night I spent time reflecting on my own history. You could say that I'm a "truth-seeker" of sorts, and I like to make sense out of everything. I thought about my parents' histories and the histories of their parents and so on. I was able to draw a lot of comparisons to my family members and it made me wonder how far that rabbit hole went.

How different am I from my ancestors of 100 generations ago? If our DNA is a culmination of everything that came before me, is there a way for me to access my own history? Are the lives and memories of my ancestors also encoded into my genes? If so, how can I go about accessing them consciously? Is it perhaps a function of the unconscious? Are our dreams the key to this knowledge?

So many questions, so many possibilities. Tonight I plan to start trying to influence what I dream about and with enough practice who knows, maybe I'll see something cool?

What do you think?

                                                                                                                             Peace
secrets
What secrets wait for us to uncover?

Comments

  1. What do you think? What of our origin? What secrets have we yet to uncover?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment