Inspiring Others

I met someone the other day that told me that my work inspired them and that the my style and the feelings that I conveyed in my works rekindled their passion for drawing. For me this is the highest compliment someone could give. I see this as a sign that doing what you love reflects in your work and it adds value to others. Their kind words have inspired me to work harder on my craft. 

This reminded me that not only is giving people support a way to empower them to chase after their dreams, but inspiration is another invaluable gift we can give to the world. I'll often come across things that inspire myself that really make me think and move me deeply. Recently, DJ Okawari's Compass and Lupe Fiasco's Tetsuo & Youth albums as well as Sadghuru's philosophical teachings have lighted a spark inside me that helped me remember what I want to do with my own works.

What is it that inspires you? 

This question is so simple, yet can be so difficult to answer. Everyone has their own taste so it could be anything - music, paintings, stories, people, etc. Yet answering this is essential in figuring out what your own purpose is. The mind is like a garden. The seeds you plant are the hopes and dreams you have for the future. How you tend to this garden and nurture it will influence whether these hopes and dreams blossom beautifully or not. With inspiration, if you're not being inspired you're not nurturing your own mind. If nothing inspires you, I think perhaps you have yet to find your own passion. When I think of anyone that has accomplished their life's goal, there's always something that gave them a gentle nudge to pursue whatever it was that they were passionate about. I think if you're unsure of what inspires you the answer is to look deeper and connect the pieces together. Perhaps you've already found it but have never considered it something that influences you.

"Know thyself" is a philosophy that's often said among those seeking to find "truth". I agree with this. Before we can consider making change around us we first need to understand who it is we are, what we desire, and what our strengths & weaknesses are. If we know not who we are how can we decide what's truly "good" for us? What is the "right" path to walk down? I struggle with this on the daily and it will be a lifelong endeavor; however, the desire to know myself has resulted in me making decisions with the conviction that I can trust in myself.

Back to inspiration, the things that have inspired me have carried me throughout my life and are like the guardians guiding me toward my own passions and self-realization. They are the signs pointing me toward what is meaningful to me, and I think being able to do this for another person is amazing. The thing is, EVERYONE is capable of doing this. We all possessive something that makes us unique - amazing. You just have to find it, and I think finding something that inspires you is a great first step.

                                                                                                              Peace

Inspiration
Looking within you can go beyond your wildest expectations. You can explore worlds unknown and become anything you set your mind to. Sometimes it just takes a little stroke of inspiration. Eureka!

Comments

  1. What are some things that have inspired you in your life?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment