Overcoming Mistakes

I fucked up the other day. I fuck up a lot in life. I let distractions get in the way of keeping my cool and it makes me lose focus. When this happens I often make poor judgements or act solely on impulse. During these times I end up getting nothing done and regret a lot of my decisions.

Everyone makes mistakes and we all regret them; however, people often spend too much time contemplating what they should have done instead of what they can do now to make amends. Hindsight is 20/20, but it takes more thought, energy, and courage to muster up the strength and motivation to admit where you made your mistakes. It takes even more to think of a way to correct yourself and then take action.

It's not always easy, but managing to overcome your fears and push through the barriers that life puts in your path defines you as a person. It's what separates those who ruminate on their failures and those who grow from them. It's especially important to learn to admit and overcome because of how much you'll grow as a person in doing so. Some people let their mistakes define who they are and they never move past them. These people end up stuck and had they taken that first step toward admitting/recognizing their faults time would never stop.

Take one person who is always in denial and never takes any agency for anything that's gone wrong in their life. Compare that person to someone who is always reflecting on their mistakes and thinking about what they could do differently in order to avoid making them in the future. I guarantee you the second person is going to get further in finding their path and as a result live a much more meaningful life.

So rather than sulking over lapses in judgement I have to reflect and think about how to avoid losing  focus. One reason why I'm creating routines is to form productive habits. While it takes time and a large amount of effort to rewire the brain, the struggle you overcome reaps rewards that are priceless. When you free yourself of doubts and find the lesson in every experience you reach the finish line. In my interpretation of Buddhist studies this is the path toward what they consider enlightenment.

I've been changing from watching comedy videos, anime, music, and playing video games to listening to lectures, audio books, and informational content in order to further increase my knowledge as I create my art or work on my writing. I haven't cut out all of the fun, but simply changing what I consume (this includes my diet, too), I've gone from just going to work and then doing nothing productive in my free time to always having something to work on or consider improving. My daily life has changed dramatically and when I see that there's still much to work on I know that I can can grow beyond expectation.

Mistakes are meant to guide you, not define you.
You can either forget everything and run away, or face it and rise. 


                                                                                                  Peace

Rise above the clouds

Comments

Post a Comment