Bottled Up

Another beautiful day. Adventures await, lands to explore
Shining brightly, I cast hope and anticipation toward growth and progression
Five reps to complete a set. Let's show 'em what we're made of.

              One: This bears down so deeply...but I can keep going...one more rep...
                         Two: Ha...ha...better watch my form...one more rep...
                                                      Three: Haa...haa...you got this...keep going...one more rep...
                       Four: Haaa......haaa......almost there...just...one more rep...
                                                                             Fi...haaaa......................................................I'm at my limit...I can't go on...
 
Melancholic melodies played by the violin speak out my failures
The tender hope that whispered sweetly was nothing but an empty promise
Shame, which I feel toward my folly
How arrogant to think thy connections carry any meaning...

Reality, merciless as ever, hides thorns in her lessons
Lady Life never misses out on the party
Everything's been eaten away
There's nothing left to carry on, the rations have all been depleted

I should rest. Gotta work tomorrow
Better bottle this up for now. I need to be at my best
It doesn't feel so cold anymore. About time I acclimated to this weather.,,

Comments

  1. This is a poem I wrote in mild depression. Not every day is perfect, yeah?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment