Being authentic


Hello, Mr. Brown-noser, who are you?
I see you've spared no expense in bending over today
How does it feel
never doing things of your own volition?

Let me re-phrase that: are you genuine to others?
                           how
        does it feel
                           to be a Yes-man
        who never
                           considers their own happiness?

Is what you're doing really compassion?

I don't see the soul in your actions
Has society beaten you into submission?
Unbind your shackles and fly free!

                     erehW
            ?fles eurt ruoy si


I appreciate
you, who comes to me a genuine soul.
For when we talk I know
what you're saying isn't merely there to feed my ego.

I see that you're not fake,
that you're real...
                           hu
                          man

            Your laugh was contagious
                      Your smile infectious
Your frustrations understandable
                         Your eyes full of life

When 
I see you 
in your natural state
I see you
in balance 
in equilibrium 

Being authentic
Seek not the mask. Look for the person underneath

Comments

  1. Have you been in touch with your authentic self?
    As the caterpillar asked Alice: "Who are you?"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment