Lighten Up and Try to Enjoy Yourself - YoM Day 363

Eleven months ago I began a journey of practicing mindfulness every day and we've reached day 363. Yesterday, I talked about avoiding behaviors that represent the what you don't want to become. Today is a new day.
"The most wasted of all days if one without laughter." - E. E. Cummings
Kids, despite looking to you for guidance, can teach you so many things about life and they don't even realize it. When they're happy, you know it. When they're sad, you know it. How they're feeling is written all over their face. They're so transparent and it's that raw honesty that can make them both amazing. It's something we can all learn from.

Having the privilege of spending time with them is a constant reminder to have fun in life. When I'm teaching my kids they always want to play games. If I just go through the lesson very seriously they get bored, tired, and stop wanting to pay attention. When I start to lighten up and have fun with the lesson, they respond and things go well. The same goes with adults. The more fun I'm having the more the students pick up on that and the class becomes more interesting. The more we laugh, the better things are.

Whenever I'm having a bad day, doing something that's fun for me always helps get me out of my slump. Working with kids has shown me that it's important to be honest with myself and do the things I want to do. Doing things that I enjoy makes life feel good. On the contrary, if I end up just sleeping all day and doing nothing because I feel like shit, I'll still feel like shit when I finally decide to get out of bed. Instead of waiting for things to change, just doing something, ANYTHING, is better than letting things continue to suck.

This translates into how we do everything. Enjoying the moment helps you enjoy your whole life. No need to delay your own happiness when you have fun now. In the same way, if you have dreams, go for them now. Don't wait. The party can start whenever you want it to.

Life's waiting for YOU to have fun, not the other way around.

                                                                                                            Peace
Beer
It doesn't take much to have a good time. Sometimes the simple things are the best.

Comments

  1. What can you do to enjoy life a little more? Leave a comment below!

    Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment