Living with purpose - YoM Day 284

Nine months ago I began a journey of practicing mindfulness every day and we've reached day 284. Yesterday, I talked about the messages in our dreams. Today is a new day.
"Great minds have purposes; others have wishes." - Washington Irving
I have an interview today to become a trainer for new teachers. Although I work at a school, my school is also a business that hires employees from various backgrounds and trains them in how to teach English. My goal in coming to Japan was to not only experience and immerse myself in Japanese culture, but to also challenge myself and grow in the pursuit of making a career out of something. With this interview I am taking another step toward increasing my skill set and can fulfill my purpose by further broadening my horizons.

If I get the job, I'll have all sorts of opportunities and challenges ahead of me, but I think they'll be good learning experiences. Even if I don't, that's okay too. I like working at my school and I love talking with my students. I told my kids yesterday that there would be a different teacher next lesson and some of them looked sad because they thought I was leaving for good. I then told them that I would be back in January (after winter vacation) and the reaction on their face was precious. It felt nice knowing that they appreciated me as a teacher and moments like that make me see purpose in staying as a regular teacher as well.

When I think about my life, having purpose is something that has brought me a lot of focus. Some might confuse purpose with having specific goals, but I think it's important to keep an open mind, so having a purpose is more about figuring out what kind of life you want to live and being aware of why you're doing what you're doing. In other words, I go to work in order to earn money, yes, but more importantly I go in order to help my students fulfill their goals and learn from my teaching experience. I go to the gym in order to maintain my physical health and challenge myself. I write this blog in order to better understand myself and provide some insight to others.

Being aware of this has helped me approach new opportunities with my goals in mind. Will this help me live a lifestyle I want? How will this help me fulfill my goals? These are questions I ask myself when thinking about the future. Without a clear purpose/goal in mind we are like chickens running with their heads cut off. We create our own purpose in how we live

What's your purpose?

                                                                                                             Peace
living with purpose
Everything we do is a page in our life's story. Having a purpose make it all come together.

Comments

  1. If you have any thoughts, stories, or experiences, share them in a comment below!

    Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment