Positive days - YoM Day 274

Nine months ago I began a journey of practicing mindfulness every day and we've reached day 274. Yesterday, I talked about how it takes time to master anything. Today is a new day.
"When you think positive, good things happen." - Matt Kemp
Today has been a good day. I was invited to a lunch party today to help people with their English conversation skills and I was served East Asian style curry with yogurt in the mix instead of coconut milk. It was amazing. In addition to a free meal and cooking advice, I got to chat with a nice group of people who were enthusiastic about learning and improving themselves. Moments like this make me love Japan.

Before the lesson I was preparing all sorts of different things for the students to say during restaurant situations (took stay with the cooking theme) and was enjoying the process. The lunch party was very pleasant, and afterward I ended up doing some shopping and found some really cool clothes to add to my wardrobe. Coincidentally, they were having a special offer so I ended up getting a blanket (a nice fluffy one) for free. To me, that's an awesome day. Nothing too flashy, but awesome nonetheless.

To me, it all comes down to our mentality. When we do the things we enjoy and do them at our own pace things end up going well for us. The reverse is true when we take on a pessimistic approach. Our mood gives off its own energy and vibration, and the world reacts to them. I liken this to Newton's third law or karma. The kind of energy we give off (cause) creates an effect that corresponds with it. In the same way, how we approach anything will affect how it turns out. People who are more positive tend to get more positive results than negative people. Today was a reminder of that. Action and reaction. Cause and effect.

                                                                                                                     Peace
Smile
Smile and the world smiles with you.

Comments

  1. If you have any thoughts, stories, or experiences share them in a comment below!

    Have a great day~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment